Congratulations Virginia Views for receiving the Liebster Award! I would like to give a shout out to Dor who generously passed this award forward to me! I am indeed honored to be in the company of such wonderful bloggers. I normally don’t enjoy the beinbg in the spotlight. I’m more of a behind the scenes kinda gal, but hey I’m certainly not going to ignore it when it lands in my inbox.
Liebster (pronounced: leeb-stir) is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award recognizes up and coming bloggers and winners are asked to “pay it back and forward.” The award is given to those bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I follow such greatness, let’s hope I can wrangle up some newcomers to share in the excitement.
The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who gave you this award
- Post the award to your blog
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions asked of you, plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people you think deserve the award and link them to your post.
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen
Eleven Things About Me
1. I would not allow the anesthesiologist to give me a spinal for my C-section because he was wearing white shoes. Sorry I just thought it was odd for a man to wear white shoes, not to mention it was February.
2. I enjoy working on campaigns or fighting causes, these are the things that energize me.
3. Talking to small children always puts me in a good mood. Their honesty is a guaranteed laugh.
4. I started attending Quaker Meeting 3 years ago and it is has changed me for the better.
5. I read the book The Four Agreements over and over and over as a constant reminder.
6. I love being empowered by powerful moments. It could be a speech, a performance or an action. That feeling of being moved is the best feeling ever.
7. My feelings are always written on my face, it’s a curse.
8. Gerber daisies are my favorite flower followed closely by the hydrangea.
9. I enjoy having a garden, but would love it more if I had a gardener.
10. I enjoy going to Jury Duty, seeing my “peers” keeps me from acting on my thoughts.
11. I am an early riser, even on weekends and vacations.
Now, these are the questions that Dor asked me to answer:
1) If you could go anywhere in the world and stay for a month, where would you choose to go? Italy, more specifically Tuscany.
2) What is your hobby? Blogging.
3) What was your childhood dream? I wanted to be Judge, but I think it is my passion towards injustices that lead me to that thought. My passion is better served on a grassroots level.
4) What was the best gift you ever received? Anything the kids would make in school, especially written in their words.
5) What is your favorite movie? So many, but for a guaranteed laugh I would say Austin Powers (guilty pleasure)
6) Who is the person who inspired you the most? My Mother.
7) What is your favorite dessert? Lemon Curd Cake from the Night Kitchen Bakery in Chestnut Hill, PA.
8) What is your favorite quote? I have many, but this is one I always come back to for some reason. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King
9) What do you do for relaxation? Listening to music, walking & surfing the net.
10) What is your favorite remembered scent/smell from childhood? Homemade gravy simmering on the stove.
11) If you could be a character in a book, who would you choose to be? I would like to be the character that is most recognized. In other words…the complete opposite of how I view myself.
Presenting the Recipients of the 2012 Liebster Award…Drum Roll Please
Next up some questions to be answered by the Winners.
1. What is you favorite song of all time?
2. Boxers, briefs, boy shorts, granny panties, thong or the universal choice of Commando?
3. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
4. Would you go back to being a teenager, without the wisdom you have now?
5. What are you most grateful for?
6. Are you a beach or mountain kind of person?
7. Reveal one of your guilty pleasures?
8. Are you a dark, milk or white chocolate lover?
9. If you could give a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?
10. What is your best childhood memory?
11. Do you act your age or your show size?
Congratulations! Quaker Meeting sounds blissfully peaceful. I love the quote you chose…I’m on that page, too! xoM
Awards are so much fun to receive.. Congrats!!
Ah, Tuscany has been in my “I wanna go there one day” list for decades..
I look at the pictures of Tuscany and melt.
Congratulations! Tuscany does sound wonderful… thank you for choosing me… I am honored. Will write on it soon.. You bless me so much and so often. Thanks again, DAF
Congrats to you!
I just noticed I was included in your list! Well thank you so very much 🙂
As I’ve said to you before, I truly appreciate your insights when you stop by my blog. I’ll get to work on this – thanks again!
Congrats. I agree with you about the Judge part. You can be far more effective getting your hands dirty and being amongst it. The other thing about being a judge is you have to follow precedent so at times you would have to rule the opposite way to your conscience. Also thanks for the blog love – it’s much appreciated.
Congrats on the award. It’s nice to get to know you a little better.
Forgive me what I have written, for I am a sarcastic bastard. I hope you still like me, even if it’s a little less than you used to.
Wow! Congratulations on your award and thank you for passing it on to me! I have seen it before but never knew what is was. I shall chew on this over Thanksgiving break. Speaking of which, Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂
Congratulations! Funny about the white shoes. The Man of the House is an anesthesiologist. I’ll pass on the word about white shoes, just in case he ever thinks of buying some. Here’s to more funny blogs form Life with the top down.
Thank you for the award…you made my day! I have finally responded with answers! ❤
Here I was celebrating for you – and laughing about your C-Section misadventure. Imagine my surprise to see my name among your nominees. Thank you so much! (I apologize for my tardiness. This is what happens when I neglect my blogging for a week…)