I don’t want to brag or make anybody jealous but … Judy over at Raising the Curtain has nominated Life With The Top Down for the ABC (Awesome Blog Content) Award. Oh, yea baby Judy thinks this blog ROCKS!
I love Judy’s blog! She incorporates humor and wisdom into her writing in a way that leaves you entertained and enlightened. I am honored to be one of Judy’s chosen bloggers and humbled that someone thinks enough of my writing to pass this honor my way.
Of course this award isn’t handed out without a string attached, come on now, awards are earned remember. Now I must provide all of you with 26 things about myself, chronicled from A to Z, and then pass the honor along to 5 blogs that I deem worthy.
I am very excited to introduce others to good reading material. In the “real” world I enjoy passing books along to friends and now I have the pleasure of passing on some Awesome Blog Content that I have discovered here in the Blogosphere.
Here Is A Little Of Me From A to Z
- Animated … yes, my face says it all without ever uttering a word.
- Bodacious … I love this word and hope to do it justice some day.
- Convertible … the car that rolled into my life and brought the other C-word, change.
- Dramatic … in a loud Oh My God kind of way.
- Eagle-Eyed … I notice EVERYTHING.
- Fidgety … boredom sets in quickly if I’m not “feeling it”.
- Guarded … yea, you’re not getting in unless I have 100% trust.
- Horny … I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.
- Integrity … you better have it if you want to be a part of my life.
- Jovial … I am generally happy and I like other shiny happy people.
- Klutzy … walls jump out at me, sidewalks trip me and stairs become slides….always.
- Lolita … my alter ego…nuf said.
- Mysterious … no need to give it all up…a little wonder is sexy.
- Navy Seal … dubbed by my teenagers because I always figure out their plans (Pa-leez!)
- Optimistic … no one likes negative Nancy, including yours truly.
- Political … ah, it’s in the blood.
- Quick … the wit is like lightning.
- Rebel … well-behaved women never make a difference.
- Sarcastic … always and forever.
- Talkative … if you have a pulse, I’ll start a conversation.
- Urban … city slicker through and through.
- Vivacious … animated, spirited, passionate..need I say more.
- Whistle Blower … hardest & most rewarding mark to date.
- X-Rated … the mind takes several trips to the gutter … daily.
- Youthful … I may not look it, but I feel it.
- Zippy … I like this word.
Congratulations to my Fabulous Five….
fridaynightfamily … A great Blog that nourishes your Body & Soul.
Life In The Dash Lane (1962 – ?) … Truly captures the essence of a personal journey.
Commander In Chic … Her writing inspires me every day to be a better me.
Miss Four Eyes … Young, fresh, funny and wise beyond her years.
Views and Mews by Coffee Kat … Daily life happenings with a dash of humor and pinch of wisdom.
Check out the Fab Five and as always….Enjoy the Ride!
Everything was very nice, but I was hoping for more of a Legally Blond Sorority moment with Ann Taylor dresses, pearls and everything pink. Not that these things reflect me in any way, I was just looking for some entertainment.
Since this ceremony was on a Sunday evening, I decided to book myself a room at a local Bed & Breakfast near the college. I was really looking forward to the getaway, mainly for a good nights sleep. A night away from the husband and dog, who spend their days plotting to simultaneously snore so they can have the room all to themselves. I have no evidence of this master plan, other than the bags under my eyes.
After a very long day I headed back to the Inn, which was absolutely beautiful. The Inn Keeper informed me earlier that I was the only guest for the evening. At the time I thought this was a good thing, but when I walked back into this immense historic house in the dark…well, I was having second thoughts (yes, I am the Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town and no, I don’t care).
I got settled in the big comfy bed with hopes of quickly falling sound asleep. Of course that didn’t happen..why you ask…because, brace yourselves… it’s too QUIET! I am wide awake and declare myself a middle-aged Goldie Locks. Home is too noisy and now this place is too quiet…ugh..come on.
Well, I did in fact fall asleep, only to wake up at 2 a.m., realizing I was in a strange place and *BAM* ….. the Sandman has left the building. This is where having a vivid imagination is a curse. Anyone else would turn on the T.V. or read in hopes of dozing off again, but noooo… not me. I lay there wide awake with the wheels in my head spinning with thoughts of how the Inn Keeper was actually like Kathy Bate’s character in the movie Misery. Remember that looney tune?
She obviously enjoys my Blog and is jealous that I won a contest over at The Byronic Man blog. In her jealous rage she screams at me for being Tagged by MissFourEyes and decides to hold me hostage at the Inn. This is where I give myself a firm…Lisa! Stop it and just go to sleep, you big…gigantic…weirdo!
Finally, I managed to get myself back to sleep, right before it was time to get up…so much for rest and relaxation. My Kathy Bates/Misery thoughts made me chuckle, until she was serving me breakfast and my imagination surfaced, yet again; and suddenly my pancakes started to look very suspicious.
It was just so unbelievably Q U I E T. I couldn’t stand it another second. There was some light conversation at breakfast, but other than that I was officially a Monk. (I could only be a rebel Monk)
My Conclusion: It has been a very long time since I’ve spent time with a very important person….ME.
One of the most important things you can do is surround yourself in true silence and rest your mind, but it is very difficult in this world of sensory overload. Obviously I need to practice shutting down my mind otherwise I will be talking to lamps and it will sadly be a two-way conversation.
So, take a minute to unwind, untangle, refocus and as always…Enjoy The Ride!